But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 3:18

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Let it snow and snow and snow...

It can really wear on a girl to be stuck inside for days and days on end, especially one who enjoys going as much as .....others. I haven't stepped foot out of these four walls for anything other than to get the mail and walk to the top of the road and back. I haven't put my face on or placed one ounce of styling product on this head since Friday. (It's Tuesday in case you didn't know and I almost didn't!) I keep walking past the mirror and I've just quit looking because it is starting to depress me. Yesterday, on my daily trek to the top of the road, the mailman turned down the street. I was mortified! I was a total sight - ball cap, yoga pants tucked into my "faux Ugg" boots, chetah print gloves and a black ski jacket. He waved as he passed by with a grin on his face. Probably because he was mortified at my get up too!
So it goes without saying that I have self-diagnosed myself with a serious case of cabin fever! I even started to think today that I was a little, dare I say it, BORED? It hasn't been often in 10 years that I have said that I was bored. I know as soon as I get back to work that all of the things I should have been doing will come to mind but for now, I'm bored. (Sorry Dad, I'm pretty sure there was something in your sermon about that!) Anyway, I can't cook anything else because I will just eat it, I've finished the latest biography I had been reading and if I do one more thing to this blog design it will surely blow up the site so, here I sit.
I believe that in times like this God intends for us to be still and quiet. How often in life is it just still and quiet? In fact, just the other day I was wishing for some true "quiet time" to have a few minutes alone with the Lord. Isn't that just the way we are as humans, even more so as women? We long for the quiet and then when we get it we want to be doing something else. I am reminded of the verse in 1 Timothy 6:6 that states, "Godliness with CONTENTMENT is great gain!" I won't lie, I still have a ways to go when it comes to being content in all things. Maybe that is my lesson for today, contentment is gain and not just any kinda gain but GREAT gain. Isn't that the way God works? He doesn't just give us a little gain or even some gain but He gives us GREAT gain. When we seek to be like Him and be content in Him then it is great gain to us no matter what the circumstances of life...even when it snows and snows and snows!

No comments:

Post a Comment