But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 3:18

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Do You Swanee?

I had to laugh at myself just now and I had to share - I "swaneed" today, do you swanee? You know, when you say, "I swanee if ....then...." If you are from the South or you have a Momma or a Granny then they have probably said in moments of pure frustration, "I swanee!" I don't know where it comes from, somewhere between "a hill of beans" and "playin' possum" but in some woman's world many years ago the "swanee" came to be and since then yall, we have been "swanee-in'" ever since!

So, I am in my closet today looking at the same winter clothes that I have been looking at forever and I am trying to find something that will be merciful to my "winter 10" (this is slang for my extra weight that I put on to keep warm in the winter - you know, like an animal needs extra fur - well I need extra fat - my sister says that it's because you burn more calories in the winter trying to stay warm - I'm all for that explanation! It's better than saying I just lack the will-power or self-discipline to shut my mouth and go for a run!) Anyway, I am in my closet and I think to myself, "I swanee, if summer doesn't get here soon I am not going to have any clothes that I actually fit into - and not look like they were painted on!

I just had to share - I hope it gave you a laugh because it sure made me giggle - I swanee! Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment