But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 3:18

Friday, March 19, 2010

Sing His Praises

Oh my goodness our God is good is He not? As I sit here today listening to the birds and smelling the fresh spring air and feeling the warmth of the sun on my face I just want to sing! Is there anything like the changing of the seasons that brings out the majesty of the Lord? Just when we are weary of the winter and He knows that another snowflake would drive us to the brink of insanity, He graces us with a few days of nearly perfect weather. How great is our God? He is so involved in every detail and He goes to great lengths to make that known if we will just stop and pay attention.

I had a WHINEY day yesterday, allergies are acting up, haven't had much sleep and I didn't really feel good. It doesn't take much to get us focused on the negatives in life - well at least it doesn't take much to turn me into a Negative Nelly - especially when I am tired. Let the world fall down around me but Lord knows don't interrupt my sleep! Anyway, I could feel the Spirit wooing me all day to pray and spend some time alone with Him but I didn't. I filled my day with all that I had to do and then the day was gone. I went to bed in the same mood I woke up in and wasted a day on ME. Forgive me Lord.

This morning threatened the same thing but this time I opened the Word first thing and went through my Esther study and the Lord spoke so sweetly to me. It brings tears to my eyes how relevant the scripture is right to me - today! I guess that is why the Word of God thrills me - because scripture speaks to me today, someone else 2000 years ago and it will speak to the generations to come as the Lord tarries! His Word is complete, everlasting and accomplishes the purpose He sent it forth to accomplish. What other god is there that is able to tell the beginning from the end? What other god is there like our God? None, I tell you, none! He is so high above us that we cannot even comprehend the height and depth and breadth of Him and yet He stoops, literally bends down, to speak directly to us, His fallen creation. What a God, what a God!

Oh Lord that we would sing Your praises today. Teach us, teach me, to be a grateful people. Teach us to DENY OURSELVES, take up our cross and follow You. You are so worthy, you are high and lifted up and exalted. May our lives reflect the GLORY of who You are. Make us all about YOU, all about YOU! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment