But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 3:18

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Orange Blossom Special

On a lighter note...I went today to get my first spray tan. I wouldn't ever pay for a service like this, I usually just stick to my "tan in a can" but this was a FREE offer. Well, you can't argue with free so I went - the caveat? The people who are spraying you are learning so, good luck! My only fear was that I would come back looking like an oompah-loompah (ask Willie Wonka). Anyway, I wore an old bathing suit and when I "disrobed" I was immediately mindful of every dessert, second helping and midnight snack I had enjoyed since last summer. If you need an excuse to start a diet this would be it!

Anyway, they give you several tips to follow after they are finished to help your tan last longer, one of them being not to shower for at least 6 - 8 hours afterwards. As I was reading the blog entry I had written earlier today to Kraig I began to cry. I had to immediately stop and gain my composure in order to assure that I would not mess up my spray tan! (I am not making this up - you couldn't make up anything this good!) So, I had to share because I got completely tickled that I was so concerned about my tan that I totally glossed over the sincerity of the moment. After all, we may not make it another eleven years if I have to walk around with streaks down my orange face!!

P.S. Kraig thinks it is cute! Two points for him! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment