But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 3:18

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Please weigh in!

Alright ladies, this is how this thing is going to work...the new series that is! I am going to take one topic a week and register a NEW post each day to make it continual from Monday through Friday, somewhat like a daily devotional. I will try to post first thing each morning but if I don’t, bear with me, I will get it up as soon as I can. Also, I only have a few topics that I feel like the Lord is moving me to research so I really would like to hear from you! If you have a topic that you would like to see addressed that is specific to women in our world today or a question you want answered please ask! I don’t pretend to have all the answers but you can rest assured I will find out! As a matter of fact, I LERVE (see previous blog post for definition of LERVE) to research the answers to tough questions! I will keep all inquiries anonymous and confidential. You can email me at scmcbride@msn.com.

As you know, if you read the intro, we will be studying the tongue this coming week. Yikes! I have learned quite a bit and amazingly, or maybe not so amazingly, I have still put my foot in my mouth a few times this week! Once, it was even my whole leg..right Melissa? This just affirms to me that I need this study, again and again!

On a different note, I want to say that I have had feedback from so many of you about the blog and that you have enjoyed it. Others have said that it is an encouragement to them. I want you all to know how very much this means to me! Writing is a very vulnerable thing because you can never predict how you will be perceived. Take that and top it with something as valuable as the word of God and it makes me fearful to write another word! The truth is, I have nothing to give you. I don’t know anything on my own. I am not some bible scholar. As a matter of fact, I read other blogs and other women and I think, “Wow, they said exactly what I wanted to say but better! Why am I even attempting this? There are so many other “authors” that are more studied and much better writers!” The one thing I can’t get away from is my own passion for the Lord and wanting that for you as well. If I can inspire you to study for yourself, to memorize scripture, to know the One we call Lord, then I have succeeded in what I have set out to do. Everyone of us has different backgrounds, scars, strongholds and issues in general. I am not a therapist, I will not even pretend to know the answer for everything that each of you has been through or come from. I only know, “Christ and Him crucified.” I know what He has done for me and like the woman at the well I must tell about the One who has set me free.

So, thank you for your words of encouragement! Any of you who have known me for any length of time know that this is not of me, this is truly the Lord. I will say it over and over again, “He makes me who I am not!”

No comments:

Post a Comment