But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 3:18

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Help Me!!

I’ve been thinking recently about writing a bible study but I have several ideas and can’t seem to settle on one. I realize this doesn’t surprise most of you. I think as women because we are able to multi-task then we are naturally inclined to multiple things instead of one thing. In other words, it is hard for us to make a decision. I’d rather you not give me a choice. Take for instance the Hallmark store. This would be my kryptonite. If you want to totally paralyze me for several hours, this is the place to send me. Then, if you want to keep me captive for the rest of the week just tell me that I have to narrow it down to one card! I literally break out into a nervous sweat trying to choose a card that says exactly what I want it to say, in the way that I would say it, with the right amount of humor balanced with a subtle seriousness, in five lines or less for $2.99. (I could be way off on the price since I haven’t physically visited a Hallmark store in years.) Even after it is all said and done I will second guess my choice 105 times before the card ever makes it to the recipient. (I realize I may be alone in my insidiousness and if so, keep calm and carry on to the third paragraph.)

I just thank God for the provision of the “return”. If it weren’t for that I would be surrounded by a wealth of “buyers remorse” purchases. This is the exact reason why I can’t do these bargain basement, all or nothing, fight off the fanatics sales. Not only is there no time to ponder the choice but I end up grabbing something I already have two of in order to make sure that I get the deal! I am a marketers dream! BUT! I am wise to my own weaknesses and therefore, I am not a BOGO queen or a black Friday diva and if you have ever gotten a present from me it probably didn’t contain a card...now you know why!

Now, after all-that-you-never-wanted-to-know-and-weren’t-wanting-to-ask, I come to this question: Help me blog readers! I need to know what you struggle with most in your walk with the Lord and in your lives as Christian women. You don’t have to go into any detail just make the explanation plain enough for me to decipher! You can comment here, send me a message on FB or feel free to email me at scmcbride@msn.com. I will keep my ideas secret for now and see if the Lord solidifies anything with your answers. Thanks girlies! I look forward to hearing from you!

P.S. Maybe I should write about how to make a decision...what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment